All Employee Training
- TED Talks: Supervisor Series– Check back for information on the fall series!
Supervisors in Action: Managing the UWO Workforce is geared towards building the foundation for our supervisors and equipping them with the knowledge and skills to be effective in their roles. The comprehensive agenda covers the essential building blocks to supervisory excellence—including Employment Law, Risk Management, Employment Relations and Managing Performance.
Who should attend? This training is open to anyone that directly supervises employees of the University. Experience level does not matter because this training will be relevant for:
- Anyone newly hired or recently promoted to a supervisor position on campus without any past experience managing people
- Those with experience supervising on campus but may want a refresher on the unique role and expectations of supervisors
- Those with experience supervising from past jobs but need to understand how to apply their experience to working at UWO
This training will be offered on a quarterly basis. Please check back for future dates.
- UW Leadership Development Program – This is a program offered through the UW System and UW Extension. This series of six courses is designed to increase your confidence and credibility as a higher education leader, strengthen your personal networks, and prepare you to be successful in your next career move. Participants who complete the required courses will earn a UW Leadership Development Certificate as well as three free 1-on-1 sessions with a professional leadership coach. More information about the program can be found on the website. If you are interested in pursuing this off-campus opportunity, please speak with your supervisor