All Employee Training
Office of Equal Opportunity & Access – The Office of Equal Opportunity & Access offers training and leadership development opportunities for both UW Oshkosh employees and applicable student-workers. Providing both compliance and inclusive trainings, topics include: Affirmative Action and EEO policies, discrimination, harassment, cultural competency/diversity, gender issues and best practices in staff recruitment/hiring.
Compliance Training – The Office of Equal Opportunity & Access offers many different kinds of compliance training. Offerings include Sexual Harassment Training, ADA for Supervisors, Title IX, Executive Order 54 and Tenure Observer/Affirmative Action Representative training.
Diversity & Inclusion Training – The Office of Equal Opportunity & Access hosts Diversity & Inclusion training throughout the year. Topics include Developing Cultural Competency, Micro-Aggressions, Unconscious Bias, Anti-Discrimination and Workplace Harassment/Bullying.
A.T.L.A.S. – The Awareness Training for Leadership Advancement Series (A.T.L.A.S.) is a certificate program offered in accordance with the University’s strategic plan to build an inclusive and supportive institutional environment. this training program serves as a means for UW Oshkosh employees to gain more insight into their compliance responsibilities pertaining to reporting, harassment and discrimination, while addressing social issues of cultural competency— self-reflection into personal biases that may be impacting their workplaces and classrooms.
SAFE Training – Help make the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh a safer and more welcoming place for the LGBTQ+ community by participating in S.A.F.E. Training (Students, Staff and Faculty for Equality). Participants take part in a three hour interactive workshop designed to introduce you to LGBTQ+ terms, culture, some of the challenges that many LGBTQ+ people encounter in their lives, and how to be an effective ally both in and out of the classroom.
- TED Talks: Supervisor Series– Check back for information on the fall series!
Supervisors in Action: Managing the UWO Workforce is geared towards building the foundation for our supervisors and equipping them with the knowledge and skills to be effective in their roles. The comprehensive agenda covers the essential building blocks to supervisory excellence—including Employment Law, Risk Management, Employment Relations and Managing Performance.
Who should attend? This training is open to anyone that directly supervises employees of the University. Experience level does not matter because this training will be relevant for:
- Anyone newly hired or recently promoted to a supervisor position on campus without any past experience managing people
- Those with experience supervising on campus but may want a refresher on the unique role and expectations of supervisors
- Those with experience supervising from past jobs but need to understand how to apply their experience to working at UWO
This training will be offered on a quarterly basis. The next 2-day training is scheduled for August 30-31, 2017. Please complete the sign-up form to reserve your spot. Please contact Holly Shea with questions.
- UW Leadership Development Program – This is a program offered through the UW System and UW Extension. This series of six courses is designed to increase your confidence and credibility as a higher education leader, strengthen your personal networks, and prepare you to be successful in your next career move. Participants who complete the required courses will earn a UW Leadership Development Certificate as well as three free 1-on-1 sessions with a professional leadership coach. More information about the program can be found on the website. If you are interested in pursuing this off-campus opportunity, please speak with your supervisor